Feeling cooped up? Then make plans to attend the urban chicken experience tour of the year. A Peep at the Coops, a one-day tour of private urban chicken coops in North and East Dallas, is set for May 6. The event features some of the most innovative coops for raising chickens in the city, and experts to answer all of your questions about urban chickens. The family-friendly event also features a Country Market with local artisan and food vendors, community information booths, live entertainment, food trucks and other activities that the whole family will enjoy.
The event will also include:
• Tour of seven urban chicken coops located throughout North and East Dallas
• Chicken talks by vets at Summertree Bird and Animal Clinic and experts from Trinity Haymarket.
• Food from One90 Smoked Meats, Steel City Pops, and Guava Tree and Urban Crust food trucks
• Performances from Lake Highlands HS Wranglers, local choirs and bands, and students from Zound Sounds
• Unique handmade items from local artisans for shopping
• Raffle of custom-made mobile coop from Urban Chicken.
Moss Haven Farm is entirely supported by community and corporate support. For more information, visit aPeepAtTheCoops.org.